Workshops / Conferences
QUEBEC's 7th wind energy conference
cANwea 2013 - ANNUAL CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION
Wesnet wind project development summer school 2013
Wesnet annual general meeting - toronto, oct. 17-18, 2012
View presentations (member login required)
|1st Place||$500.||Nigel Swytink-Binnema|
|2nd Place||$300.||François Dubé|
|3rd Place||$200.||Dan-Stefan Parvu|
|Peer Award||$200.||Moataz Ammar|
canwea's 28th annual conference and exhibition - TORONTO, OCT. 14-17, 2012
- CanWEA's 2012 Conference and Exhibition, held in Toronto, featured well over 250 exhibitors.
- Over 25 WESNet students participated in the CanWEA poster session
- View posters (member login required)
3rd international conference on sustainable energy and Green architecture
- March 14-16, 2012, Bangkok, Thailand
QuÉbec's 6th Annual wind energy industry conference
- June 18-20, 2012, Carleton-sur-Mer, Québec
summer school 2012 - February 23-24, 2012, toronto
- WESNet's summer school was held at Ryerson University in Toronto from February 23-24, 2012 at The Centre for Urban Energy which is led by WESNet researcher Bala Venkatesh.
This year's session focused on Wind Integration and involved lecture theory, case study work and a field trip to the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) in Oakville, ON.
Travel costs for students will be subsidized by the network - this will include:
- Travel to be arranged, paid and expensed by the student at their University.
- Travel expenses to a maximum of $750 (CDN) can then be expensed to WESNet.
WESNet annual general meeting - vancouver, oct. 6-7, 2011
- WESNet's Annual General Meeting was held in Vancouver on October 6 and 7, 2011, at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Approximately 60 researchers, students, partners and invited guests were in attendance. Presentations from all WESNet projects as well as from invited guests were presented.
- View presentations and photos (member login required).
Wesnet student poster session/competition - Vancouver - Oct. 6, 2011
- The WESNet student poster session/competition and reception was held on Thursday, October 6, 2011 at the Vancouver Convention Centre, in conjunction with the CanWEA conference.
More than 25 WESNet students participated in this event.
Posters were judged by researchers and industry with a peer award judged by the students. Monetary prizes were presented to the top three posters and the peer award. Congratulations to:
|1st Place||$500.||Dalia Hussein|
|2nd Place||$300.||Torsten BroeerWESNet Annual General M|
|3rd Place||$200.||Eric Villeneuve|
|Peer Award||$200.||André Bégin-Drolet|
canwea 2011 annual conference and exhibition - vancouver, Oct. 3-6, 2011
- CanWEA’s 2011 Conference and Exhibition, held in Vancouver was a tremendous success with the attendance of more than 2,000 delegates and 250 exhibiting companies from around the world.
Over 25 WESNet students participated in the CanWEA poster session.
View posters (member login required)
summer school 2011 - JUNE 16-17, 2011, GaspÉ
- A 3-day Wind Resource Assessment summer school was held in the Gaspé peninsula in conjunction with the 5th Québec Wind Energy Industry Conference organized by the Wind Energy TechnoCentre in Matane, (Gaspé), Québec.
- Download Presentation (PDF)
- View photos
WORKSHOP - THEMES 3 and 4 - toronto, february 24-25, 2011
- A joint workshop was held for the projects of theme 3: Wind Energy and Power Systems, and theme 4: Techno Economic Modelling and Optimization of Wind Energy Systems, at Ryerson University in Toronto.
- The 2-day workshop garnered more than 50 participants including researchers, students, industrial partners and invited guests.
- Download Workshop Program
View workshop presentations (Information/Meetings Researchers - member login required)
canwea - nov. 1-3, 2010 - PALAIS DES CONGRÈS, montrÈal
CanWEA held its largest ever Annual Conference and Exhibition with a record breaking attendance of close to 2,500 participants from all over the world.
Over 30 WESNet students participated in the CanWEA poster session.
View posters (Member login required)
WESNET STUDENT POSTER SESSION/COMPETITION - MONTRÉAL, NOV. 2, 2010
- On Tuesday, November 2, 2010 the WESNet student poster session and competition was held at the Palais des congrès, Montréal, in conjuction with the CanWEA conference.
The event, sponsored by Rockwell Automation and supported by CanWEA, garnered more than 30 participating WESNet students.
Posters were judged by researchers and industry. Monetary prizes were awarded to the top three posters. Congratulations to:
1st Prize: $500.00, Venkata Yaramasu, Xiaotian Tan, Theme 3.
2nd Prize: $300.00, Torsten Brooer, Theme 4.
3rd Prize: $200.00 Thomas Bergeron, Theme 1.
(Member login required)
WESNET DAY - ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - MONTRÉAL, NOV. 3-4, 2010
- WESNet's Annual General Meeting took place in Montréal on November 3 and 4, 2010, at the Palais des congrès. More than 80 researchers, students, partners and invited guests were in attendance. Presentations from all projects as well as from invited guests were presented.
2010 wind workshop - Oct. 18-19, 2010 - quebec city
The 9th International Workshop on Large-Scale Integration of Wind Power into Power Systems as well as on Transmission Networks for Offshore Wind Power Plants, organized by Energynautics, took place on October 18-19, 2010 in Quebec City.
Wind Turbine Modelling tutorial at the Quebec Wind Integration Workshop. On October 16, 2010, before the 9th International Workshop on Large-Scale Integration of Wind Power into Power Systems as well as on Transmission Networks for Offshore Wind Power Plants, a series of tutorials were offered.
WESNET WORKSHOP - THEMES 1 and 2 - May 27 and 28, 2010 - École de technologie supérieure - Montréal, Qc.
- The Workshop was intended for researchers, including students, involved in projects of Themes 1 and 2 of WESNet. The industrial and institutional partners of WESNet were also invited to participate in the workshop.
For full details - download PDF - login required (Information/Meetings Researchers).
View workshop presentations.
- WESNet’s Annual General Meeting took place in Toronto on Monday, September 21, 2009, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Presentations and ideas were exchanged amongst researchers and WESNet partners.
- View photos from this event.
WESNet presented at the Track 4 Conference Session – Technical and Wind R&D, during the CanWEA Annual Conference and Exhibition in Toronto, Sept. 20-23, 2009.
june 2008-May 2009
- WESNet researchers, Liuchen Chang, Yves Gagnon, Christian Masson and Horia Hangan participate in Canadian Wind Technology Roadmap workshops.
- Erik Lundtang of the Riso DTU National Laboratory for Sustainable Energy speaks to WESNet Board of Directors, Leaders, WEICan and Government Officials, on the Danish Experience in the Development of Wind Energy.
- Ten WESNet researchers attend Theme 4 Techno-economics workshop.